Provide instruction to kids K-12 with special learning and behavioral concerns in classrooms with a low ratio of teacher/student ratio.
Create lesson plans.
Oversee a tech/paraprofessional in the classroom environment.
Provide intervention strategies in the classroom as instructed by a Behavior Analyst.
Maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with parents.
Planning field trips
Collect data on student acquisition as well as on reduction of excessive behaviors.
All other duties as assigned.
A positive and supportive work environment is guaranteed.
Better Life Behavioral Services offers a benefits package, including-
• Competitive Salary or Hourly Pay
• Bonus Opportunities
• Flexible Schedule
• A minimum 1 year experience providing instruction to special needs kids in a special education classroom
• 2 years experience with special needs kids
• Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited university in Exceptional Student Education or Special Education
• Bachelors Degree or higher from an accredited university targeting General Education Students and 2 years experience with kids with special needs
Good classroom management skill
Ability to be flexible
Good communication with parents, students and other co-workers
Ability to deal with problem behaviors in the classroom setting